CILIP is the leading professional body for librarians, information specialists and knowledge managers in the UK. Up until 2016/7, when the organisation underwent a total rebranding, it was known as the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
What does CILIP do?
- It provides practical support for members throughout their entire careers, helping them with their academic education, professional qualifications, job hunting and continuing professional development.
- It also speaks out on behalf of the profession to the media, government and decision makers.
Who can join? Anyone working with knowledge, information or in library services can join CILIP. Different categories of membership exist for all experience levels from Student to Fellow.
Why become a member?
Membership provides career support, current awareness information, professional development and networking opportunities, plus a range of special deals.
The School Libraries Group (SLG)
The SLG is one of several Special Interest Groups offered by CILIP. These groups are there to help you connect with like-minded people who are passionate about the same areas of professional interest. You don’t have to be a library and information professional to join them or be a member of CILIP. You can join just as a group only member. Group only memberships are available for a maximum of two years and you must not have been a member of CILIP in the previous 5 years. Becoming a group member costs only £50 per year. For enquiries, questions or for advice, please contact the School Libraries Group by emailing Caroline Roche
- Access to the group’s events, conferences and training
- Subscription to the SLG newsletters, publications and resources toolkit
- Access to our group pages and our Social Link professional network